text

cheaper, lighter, faster, better

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Home made roof rack update



A few months have now passed since the roof rack was initially trialled, and I am happy to say that it has lived up to my expectations.
There has been no issue with the wood itself which was made from structural pine (MGP10, aust). A coating of wood oil has held up quite well, considering the rack lives outdoors when it's not in use.
No scratches, dents, paint fade, rubber seal damage, whatsoever, to the car itself.
On each paddle outing, I have to go on the freeway which is limited to 110 kph. The area in which I live is renowned for its enormous potholes and rough roads, so I do get bounced around quite a bit. Never has the rack shifted. Or the kayak, for that matter.
It takes less than five minutes to set up and go.



No comments:

Post a Comment